Backyard of the Museum
This new space, spread over an area of 8.2 hectares (20 acres) in collaboration with the Montreal Botanical Garden and Laval University, includes:
- An adventure trail for young adventurers from 4 to 14 years old. Installed in the heart of the woods and formed of equipment related to the shipbuilding: nets, bridges, footbridges, lianas, etc.
- A labyrinth of grasses hiding a treasure.
- An arboretum with tree species used for the construction of schooners.
- A fun, maritime-inspired space where children imagine they travel across islands, or sway in a ship's carcass, while the older ones cross a forest of poetic oars or relax at the bow of an imaginary ship.
- A pavilion and its observation deck of the river, dedicated to pilots and the secrets of their trade.
- Sculptures and other buildings where temporary exhibitions are linked to the great history of the St. Lawrence.