Before Travelling to
the Land of the Schooners…
The site is vast, with lots to see and do! Here are the details you’ll need to get the most out of your visit to the Museum.
Tourisme Charlevoix photo, Joannie Fillion
MAY 18 to OCTOBER 8 inclusive
Daily from 10am to 6pm
Prices shown do not include taxes
Entry to the Museum includes the use of the hiking trail and parking.
|Ages 65 and over||$12|
|Student (ages 18 and over with proof of full-time enrolment)||$10|
|Ages 6 to 17*||$7|
|Age 5 and under*||Free|
|Family (2 adults and 2 children 17 and under)||$35|
|Quebec residents, the first Sunday of each month**||Free|
Use of Hiking Trail
|Ages 17 and under||Free|
|Visitors to the Museum and users of the Forêt marine nature trail||Free|
*Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
**An initiative of the Quebec department of Culture and Communications, which strives to provide access to Quebec culture to everyone, everywhere.
See your Google Maps itinerary. Parking available for Museum visitors. Two electric charging stations for buses and vehicles. Clients must download the EVDuty app on their smartphone or tablet, create an account, connect to the charging station to activate it, and proceed with payment.
Bike racks are available to cyclists on the premises.
Before You Come
- Plan on at least 90 minutes to a half-day to tour the entire site. We recommend arriving before 4:30pm to be sure you get to see all the attractions.
- The weather by the river can be unpredictable. Be sure to bring warm clothing and a windbreaker.
- The site has a number of outdoor attractions. Before leaving home, be sure to check the weather forecast.
- If you plan to tour the whole site, we recommend good walking shoes and bottles of water.
- Bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- With the river and ships as a backdrop, the site is picturesque and perfect for picnics.
During Your Visit
- The guided tour (in French only) is included with the entry fee. Tours are held daily from June 24 to September 3, at 10:30am and 1:30pm. Duration: 1 hour. Maximum 25 persons per group.
- Coffee and snacks are sold at the Museum ticket counter.
- A beautiful gift shop serves enthusiasts, collectors, mariners, pleasure boaters, young deckhands and sailors.
- Dogs are permitted outside only and must be leashed.
Do I need to make a reservation?
No. The site is huge. There is always room for all of our visitors.
Can I bring a bag lunch?
Yes. Between the mountain and the river, there are many great spots for picnics on the grounds.
How much does parking cost?
Parking is included in the entry fee for Museum visitors and persons walking the Forêt marine nature trail.
Is there a restaurant on the site?
The Museum has set up a coffee corner where beverages and snacks are sold to visitors and hikers. The site also has several picnic areas between the mountain and the river. The neighbouring village bakery and the youth hostel serve food but it is best to check ahead to inquire about their business hours, depending on the season.
Who is eligible for group rates?
Associations, travel agencies, schools, tours organized as part of a convention or event, etc.
Is the Museum open on public holidays?
Yes. Every day from 10am to 6pm, without fail, during the Museum’s regular season.
Can we swim at the Museum’s beach?
No. Les Chantiers maritimes de Charlevoix is an historic site with a vocation as a museum, and as such, swimming is not permitted.